Websites or Blogs
Bottom line: if you are here, you want a beautiful, engaging, or maybe a bit different from the rest, website. You have a vision, or at least the desire to have web presence that communicates what you want to express.
We will work with your design team or you personally, offer custom design or set up websites using prebuilt themes to co-create what you’ve imagined.
Below is more information about website construction. Scan through. You may pick up something you had not thought about. If some of it is more than you want to know or you don’t care for too much technical information, maybe a 1/2 hour consultation is a better option.
- Mobility Views. Sites are adjusted to look good on a tablet or phone. This is called responsive design.
- Connections to Social Networks. Web pages are optimized to 'share' on Facebook or other social networks.
- Search Engine Optimization. The SEO world is always changing. We continue to finding better ways to optimize keep your site and offer advice on other ways to send people to your website like using Social Media.
- Dynamic Websites. These sites use databases to display and retain information that may change. Blogs are one example of a dynamic, fluid websites. WordPress is an open-source content management system based on PHP and MySQL, which we use to create a site that engages your audience.
- Open Content Management System. When the website is complete, you have flexibility to change content.
- Control. After your site is designed and published, you will be able to modify much of the content of your website.
- Security. Wordpress is vigilant in updating and educating, so its foundation helps keep your site secure.
- Ease of use. Learning the Wordpress Dashboard doesn't take long.
- Flexible. There are many add-ons available to create a unique look with additional features. Some free. Premiums for others.
- Mobility View. More people are using websites from their cell phones and tablets. Responsive websites change their look dependent on the device someone uses.
- Search Engine Optimization. Better ability to optimize your website for Search Engines. The SEO world is always changing. Wordpress offers some helpful add-ons to make this an easier task. (Keep in mind, websites, by themselves, are not the only way to attract customers to the website. Is that confusing? We can explain during a 1/2 hour free consultation.)
- Updates. To maintain security, protect your content and website, there are necessarily additional management costs. This can be minimal, when there are few changes. Keeping the software on your investment updated, reduces the likelihood of larger expenses down the line. We call this part of website co-creation, After Care. It's like doing an oil change from time to time to keep the automobile running smoothly.
- Backups. We do not store backups for the websites we build; however, we do install backup tools that make the process easy for you.
We know what it is like to begin a new journey whether out of necessity or directed by Spirit. In offering web services, we work together to find options to make a web presence affordable. That does not mean cutting corners or undervaluing the service and skill it takes to put an engaging site together. It does mean merging practicality with creativity and considering your budget.
For some, this might mean starting with a smaller website, even as small as a Landing Page with a way for people to connect. For others, we might create a special ‘after care’ maintenance package or roll-out features of the website in stages. Others may decide to create their own webpages and later get professional assistance here and there. Here is an article about what it costs to build a website.
In this day and age, it is rare for us to build a static website, which does not offer the flexibility of the WordPress platform. Still, there may be a good reason to construct a basic HTML/CSS website. More likely, is that an existing website needs content changes, some enhancements, new pages, updated contact forms. If that sounds like you, and you need assistance, let’s connect and set up a free 1/2 hour consultation.
Content and Website Management ServicesIt's a dirty job and someone's gotta do it.
Is it worth your time and energy to learn a new tool? Maybe it is not. Is it your job to create the marketing? With plenty of that on your plate is there time to edit the website too? Do you have time to do it ALL including updating and maintaining the website? We love to take on those tasks that seem too daunting or take time away from what you want to focus on. If you employ our services, here's what can happen:
- You will have time to focus on your business.
- We will find ways to improve your website, either in functionality or in presentation.
- We may make suggestions on security or give reminders about the importance of backups.
- Your best interest combined with our solution orientation becomes a wonderful partnership.
Could there be a better time to publish your website than another?
Using some ancient techniques, it is possible to choose a beneficial time to publish your website, and rule out times that are not positive. This is done using the lens of astrology. Shawn studied and trained in astrology for over thirty years. This service can be built into the estimate of your project. It is also offered separately for other time sensitive events.
Of course, we want to make sure that you are happy with your website and that your questions are answered. We will do our best to make sure that happens. Some time for After Care is scheduled into the estimate for your project.
- If you want to modify content on your website, you will need to learn the Wordpress Dashboard. We can assist with that and connect you with places on the internet to learn or schedule consultation time for training or emailing responses.
- Backups, upgrades and maintenance. To keep your website running smoothly, occasional tune-ups are necessary. The cost varies on the complexity of your website, your web host and your needs. You may be able to do these for yourself, or you may consider purchasing a maintenance package or schedule upgrades as needed.
- Enhancements. Your new ideas and creativity blossoms and you want to add something! Let's discuss it. We'll treat that as a new project and provide an estimate.
- After Care Packages. These are designed especially for your needs and are prepaid.
- Basic Maintenance Packages. $360.00 CAD/yearincludes a monthly checkup on your Wordpress website with upgrades as needed. That's only $30.00 CAD/month. New clients with pre-built websites have a one time $50.00 CAD fee to become familiar with your website.
The PMT Group
The PMT Group has been working with Shawn on our website design and maintenance since the end of 2012. During that time Shawn has given us excellent service and advice. Her response time is faster than any other companies we have worked with in the past. She is reliable and works for a solution to any problems that we encounter. It is our intention to eventually rebuild our website with Shawn’s expert help. We would recommend her services to anyone looking for excellent reliability coupled with creativity in design and technical ability for web design, layout, content and application.
Each project is different, involves different skills and time. Please call or email to schedule a time to discuss what you would like to accomplish. Then an estimate will be provided. What it costs to build a website.
Hourly Rate: $65.00 CAD. This is for tech support, maintenance and enhancements. For new websites and larger projects, please ask for an estimate. Currency Converter for U.S. Dollars
Support Package: Individualized for your needs. This is ideal if you know you'll be making occasional content updates, need ideas, are stuck on learning WordPress or have other questions from time to time. Buy a minimum of 5 hours in advance, receive 10% off.
Basic Maintenance Packages. $360.00 CAD/year includes a monthly checkup on your WordPress website with upgrades as needed. That's only $30.00 CAD/month. New clients with pre-built websites have a one time $50.00 CAD fee to become familiar with your website.
- Keep in mind, it is more economical and efficient, if a list of enhancements are provided rather than small changes one at at time.
- Current U.S. Exchange rates may make it favorable to consider my services. Visit the Project Gallery to see clients in the U.S. and Canada.
- Breathe. This is most beneficial.